Bogor to launch city tour bus service on New Year's Eve
The Jakarta Post
A city tour bus service is set to launch in Bogor in West Java during the New Year's Eve celebrations.
Bogor Mayor Bima Arya Sugiarto told Antara news agency on Thursday that the launch ceremony would be held at the Kujang Monument, which is a popular place among the locals to celebrate New Year's Eve. "[The service] will start operating in 2017," he added.
Unlike Bandung's similar service called Bandros, Bima said Bogor's city tour bus would not be a double-decker because of the city's thunderstorms and the tall trees along the roads. "We're still discussing the route and the party that will manage the bus. The plan is to have the bus pass by Bogor's tourist attractions."
(Read also: Five places to go with city tour bus)
Meanwhile, the city administration's regional secretary, Ade Sarip Hidayat, said that the bus, which was manufactured in Bandung, would arrived in Bogor on the night of Dec. 31. "We will create some kind of a welcoming ceremony in addition to the launch event," he added.
The blue bus is said to be able to accommodate 25 passengers and will have an open design on the left and right.
Ade said that the administration still needed to prepare some things prior to the bus' operation, such as holding a competition to name the bus, planning the route, determining the fee (whether it would be a free or paid service), installing the vehicle license plate and assigning the management. (kes)
You might also like :
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods