State operator to open transit hotel at Kualanamu airport
The Jakarta Post
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II is set to open a transit hotel at Kualanamu International Airport in Deli Serdang regency, North Sumatra.
The company's director Muhammad Awaluddin told kompas.com that the hotel was slated to open in November and designed for passengers who are in transit but do not want to travel to Medan's city center.
Transit passengers in Kualanamu airport currently have to travel to Medan to spend the night before continuing their journey.
The transit hotel will be situated at the airport's terminal. With a capacity of 100 rooms, it will be managed by local hotel operator Horison Hotels Group.
PT Angkasa Pura II also plans to develop an airport city in Kualanamu area and make the airport a terminal hub for international flights to reduce air traffic density at Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. (jes/kes)
You might also like :
- Ahok’s loss may lead to Cabinet shake-up
- EA leaks more info on upcoming ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Exhibition to showcase Indonesian cultural heritage for UNESCO list opened
- INSIGHT: Plight of international refugees
- City Hall adorned with wreaths thanking Ahok-Djarot
- Indonesian delegation to embark on series of high-impact visits this week
- EDITORIAL: Love our Earth
- 34th Anniversary: May we grow and bloom together
- BTS wins 9th Shorty Awards
- Jokowi uses social media to engage young Indonesians