Flores coffee hamlet offers unique tourist destination
The Jakarta Post
Several hamlets in Flores are home to picturesque coffee plantations. Visitors to Lembah Colol, Tangkul, Biting and Ngkiong Ndora hamlets can expect a panoramic view of greenery and locals working on their farms.
Colol coffee is said to be particularly well-known, including in the United States and Europe. Local residents of East Pocoranaka district rely on the coffee plants to make ends meet and pay for their children's education.
(Read also: Discovering the land of 1,001 coffee shops)
A waterfall in Biting hamlet can be found within Colol coffee farms.(JP/Markus Makur)
"Coffee association members in East Manggarai regency told me that the quality of Colol coffee was very good and the price was very high when marketed outside the country," a resident of Tangkul hamlet, Alfonsus Sumardi, recently told The Jakarta Post. "Therefore, East Pocoranaka has a lot of potential for agrobusiness tourism development, where visitors can explore local coffee farms and participate in harvesting coffee."
The proliferation of coffee farms in Manggarai, West Manggarai and East Manggarai is said to begin from Colol hamlet, a noted coffee producer in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).
In addition to coffee, senior journalist Frans Sarong said that edelweiss could also be found at Lake Rana Poja, which is located in Banggarangga Forest, the only conservation area of its kind in NTT. (kes)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Aramco, Rosneft agree to conduct joint marketing with Pertamina