Riding the waves at Wediombo Beach, Yogyakarta
The Jakarta Post
Already a popular tourist destination, Yogyakarta is home to well-preserved cultural traditions, picturesque volcanic mountains, magnificent karst areas on Mount Sewu and gorgeous beaches stretching from Gunungkidul and Bantul to Kulon Progo regencies.
The beach is best explored between August and October. (JP/Stefanus Ajie)
One of the beaches, named Wediombo, is particularly interesting due to its combination of breathtaking scenery and big waves that will make surfers rejoice.
Situated in the south coast of Jepitu village in Gunungkidul, about 75 kilometers from Yogyakarta, surrounded by hills and forests, the beach is best explored between August and October. In addition to professional surfers, beginners can also have some fun as the water offers an assortment of waves.
Local residents fishing through traditional methods.(JP/Stefanus Ajie)
Tourists who do not have their own surfboards can easily rent one and learn how to surf from Wediombo Surf Society.
The destination also offers other activities for visitors, such as snorkeling, sunbathing and enjoying seafood. (kes)
Wediombo Surf Society offers surfboard rental as well as other activities. (JP/Stefanus Ajie)
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Rallies protesting Trump’s Jerusalem policy continue
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD