Garuda Indonesia opens new routes in West Papua
The Jakarta Post
National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia is expanding flights to Kaimana regency in West Papua with ATR-600 aircraft that can carry 70 passengers. The new routes will serve Ambon-Kaimana-Manokwari and Ambon-Kaimana-Nabire.
The Ambon to Kaimana flight departs at 7:55 a.m. local time and arrives at 9:40 a.m. local time. The Ambon to Manokwari flight arrives at 11:30 a.m. while the Ambon to Nabire arrives at 11:20 a.m. local. The Manokwari route is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the Nabire route on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
“The price for a ticket from Ambon to Kaimana starts at Rp 1 million, from Ambon to Nabire starts at Rp 1.4 million and from Ambon to Manokwari starts at Rp 2 million,” says Kaimana deputy regent Ismail Sirfefa.
Kaimana is a small port town in West Papua and the capital of the Kaimana regency, served by Kaimana Airport. The town itself is part of a sea conservation area in West Papua and offers a variety of attractions such as marine tourism, culture and history. One of its famous tourist attractions is Triton Bay. (asw)
- Ahok, sex, and a ghost story of democracy
- BREAKING NEWS: Explosions hit East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness hears "two explosions" erupt in East Jakarta
- BREAKING NEWS: Suicide bomber, policeman killed in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Chaos erupts after suspected bomb blasts strike Kampung Melayu bus terminal
- BREAKING NEWS: Police say explosions a suicide bombing
- Portrait of Myanmar's 'Buddhist Bin Laden' chills Cannes
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- Officers hit by suicide bomb guarding pre-Ramadhan parade: Police