Additional trains for Idul Fitri exodus available: KAI
The Jakarta Post
The management of state-owned railway operator KAI operational area 1 Jakarta will operate 19 additional trains for Idul Fitri, with departure dates from June 14. This will hopefully help travelers who are planning to go back to their hometowns but have yet to secure train tickets.
KAI operational area 1 senior public relations staffer Soeprapto said the19 additional trains for the Idul Fitri exodus consisted of 15 departures from operational area 1 Jakarta and four departures from operational area 2 Bandung.
In total, there are 8,504 additional seats or up to 17,000 seats round trip.
“Starting April 16 at midnight, tickets for additional trains are available for purchase from 10 days before Idul Fitri to 10 days post Idul Fitri. For those who want to order additional train tickets this year, they can access the KAI website, the KAI mobile app, the 121 contact center or various external channels that have collaborated with KAI,” Soeprapto told Kompas Travel, Sunday.
Soeprapto monitors several destinations in East Java and Central Java, including Surabaya, Malang, Yogyakarta and Semarang, and confirms that tickets to these popular destinations are sold out.
“As of April 16, 10 a.m., departures from Pasar Senen Station to Yogyakarta and Semarang, Surabaya and Malang, five days prior to Idul Fitri and one day after, are sold out,” he said, adding that departures from Gambir Station were also sold out for the same destinations and dates.
Jakarta departures (Pasar Senen and Gambir stations) with West Java destinations (Cirebon and Bandung) for two days prior (June 23) and one day prior (June 24) dates are sold out as well. The following is a list of additional Idul Fitri 2017 trains departing from operational area 1 Jakarta. (asw)
1. Argo Lawu optional train from Gambir - Solo Balapan: 350 seats.
2. Argo Dwipangga optional train from Gambir - Solo Balapan: 350 seats.
3. Lebaran morning Taksaka train from Gambir - Yogyakarta: 350 seats.
4. Lebaran evening Taksaka from Gambir - Yogyakarta: 350 seats.
5. Lebaran Argo Muria train from Gambir - Semarang Tawang: 350 seats.
6. Lebaran Argo Sindoro train from Gambir - Semarang Tawang: 350 seats.
7. Lebaran Gajayana train from Gambir - Malang: 350 seats.
8. Lebaran Sembrani train from Gambir - Surabaya Pasarturi: 350 seats.
9. Lebaran Purwojaya train from Gambir - Cilacap: 1080 seats.
10. Additional Kutojaya Utara train from Pasar Senen - Kutoarjo: 800 seats.
11. Lebaran Kutojaya Utara train from Pasar Senen - Kutoarjo: 640 seats.
12. Lebaran Kertajaya train from Pasar Senen - Surabaya Pasarturi: 640 seats.
13. Lebaran Brantas train from Pasar Senen - Blitar: 640 seats.
14. Lebaran Tawangjaya train from Pasar Senen - Semarang Poncol: 640 seats.
15. Lebaran Matarmaja train from Pasar Senen - Malang: 640 seats.
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister