Banten invites visitors to Pandeglang Food Festival
The Jakarta Post
If you’re still undecided on how to spend your weekend later this month, one exciting event to attend is the Pandeglang Food Festival 2017, which runs from April 28 – 30.
The three-day event takes place in Pandeglang Bay, Banten province. A row of tables will be set up on the dock of the bay, while fishing boats will be available for visitors who prefer to enjoy their food on the water.
“There’s also the Angeun Lada cooking festival of a traditional dish made of buffalo meat. This festival has its own attractiveness for visitors, and it will surely improve the place’s economy,” says the Tourism Ministry's archipelago tourism marketing development deputy, Esthy Reko Astuti.
There will also be a music performance and traditional dance performances, such as ronggeng pesisir, jaipong and the saman beluk, performed by elderly artists hailing from Carita district. (asw)
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- How social media is polarizing politics