Banten invites visitors to Pandeglang Food Festival
The Jakarta Post
If you’re still undecided on how to spend your weekend later this month, one exciting event to attend is the Pandeglang Food Festival 2017, which runs from April 28 – 30.
The three-day event takes place in Pandeglang Bay, Banten province. A row of tables will be set up on the dock of the bay, while fishing boats will be available for visitors who prefer to enjoy their food on the water.
“There’s also the Angeun Lada cooking festival of a traditional dish made of buffalo meat. This festival has its own attractiveness for visitors, and it will surely improve the place’s economy,” says the Tourism Ministry's archipelago tourism marketing development deputy, Esthy Reko Astuti.
There will also be a music performance and traditional dance performances, such as ronggeng pesisir, jaipong and the saman beluk, performed by elderly artists hailing from Carita district. (asw)
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown