Banten invites visitors to Pandeglang Food Festival
The Jakarta Post
If you’re still undecided on how to spend your weekend later this month, one exciting event to attend is the Pandeglang Food Festival 2017, which runs from April 28 – 30.
The three-day event takes place in Pandeglang Bay, Banten province. A row of tables will be set up on the dock of the bay, while fishing boats will be available for visitors who prefer to enjoy their food on the water.
“There’s also the Angeun Lada cooking festival of a traditional dish made of buffalo meat. This festival has its own attractiveness for visitors, and it will surely improve the place’s economy,” says the Tourism Ministry's archipelago tourism marketing development deputy, Esthy Reko Astuti.
There will also be a music performance and traditional dance performances, such as ronggeng pesisir, jaipong and the saman beluk, performed by elderly artists hailing from Carita district. (asw)
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister