Tour operators, travel agents from India explore Yogyakarta, Bali
The Jakarta Post
After having recently led familiarization trips (famtrip) with France and Bulgaria, the Tourism Ministry will now do the same for tour operators and travel agents from India on a famtrip that takes participants to Yogyakarta and Bali from May 15 to 19.
“The famtrip is being held together with Yogyakarta Travel Mart that runs from May 15 to 16, when famtrip participants are treated as buyers at the event,” said the ministry's deputy assistant for Asia-Pacific tourism promotion, Vinsensius Jemadu.
Read also: Yogyakarta home to 70% of bird species
Themed “Jogja The Unforgettable Journey,” the eighth Yogyakarta Travel Mart was attended by 88 sellers consisting of 36 travel agencies, 15 hotels and 1 restaurant as well as 144 buyers consisting of 35 locals and 109 international buyers from 14 countries, including India.
During their time in Yogyakarta, the Indian tour operators and travel agents visited Borobudur temple and Prambanan temple. They are also scheduled to visit Leke Leke tourist village in the Bedugul area in Bali, where they will partake in recreational tubing. (asw)
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan
- Palembang to highlight Sriwijaya kingdom, Asian Games in upcoming festival
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Here’s how to sleep better and wake up without feeling tired
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Central government certifies islets C and D