Tour operators, travel agents from India explore Yogyakarta, Bali
The Jakarta Post
After having recently led familiarization trips (famtrip) with France and Bulgaria, the Tourism Ministry will now do the same for tour operators and travel agents from India on a famtrip that takes participants to Yogyakarta and Bali from May 15 to 19.
“The famtrip is being held together with Yogyakarta Travel Mart that runs from May 15 to 16, when famtrip participants are treated as buyers at the event,” said the ministry's deputy assistant for Asia-Pacific tourism promotion, Vinsensius Jemadu.
Read also: Yogyakarta home to 70% of bird species
Themed “Jogja The Unforgettable Journey,” the eighth Yogyakarta Travel Mart was attended by 88 sellers consisting of 36 travel agencies, 15 hotels and 1 restaurant as well as 144 buyers consisting of 35 locals and 109 international buyers from 14 countries, including India.
During their time in Yogyakarta, the Indian tour operators and travel agents visited Borobudur temple and Prambanan temple. They are also scheduled to visit Leke Leke tourist village in the Bedugul area in Bali, where they will partake in recreational tubing. (asw)
- North Jakarta court jails men for two years over 'gay sex party'
- Bali remains most popular destination for Middle Eastern tourists
- SHINee’s Jonghyun dies in hospital
- Mount Agung not a threat, let’s go to Bali: Minister
- Golkar kicks off national meeting to inaugurate Airlangga
- Taeyang, Min Hyo-rin to tie the knot in early 2018
- Pertamina to close 13 illegal wells in Jambi
- Bali prepares complimentary transportation, rooms if Mt. Agung erupts
- Jakarta nightclubs targeted following drug raids
- Jakarta to procure more emissions test equipment