Tour operators, travel agents from India explore Yogyakarta, Bali
The Jakarta Post
After having recently led familiarization trips (famtrip) with France and Bulgaria, the Tourism Ministry will now do the same for tour operators and travel agents from India on a famtrip that takes participants to Yogyakarta and Bali from May 15 to 19.
“The famtrip is being held together with Yogyakarta Travel Mart that runs from May 15 to 16, when famtrip participants are treated as buyers at the event,” said the ministry's deputy assistant for Asia-Pacific tourism promotion, Vinsensius Jemadu.
Read also: Yogyakarta home to 70% of bird species
Themed “Jogja The Unforgettable Journey,” the eighth Yogyakarta Travel Mart was attended by 88 sellers consisting of 36 travel agencies, 15 hotels and 1 restaurant as well as 144 buyers consisting of 35 locals and 109 international buyers from 14 countries, including India.
During their time in Yogyakarta, the Indian tour operators and travel agents visited Borobudur temple and Prambanan temple. They are also scheduled to visit Leke Leke tourist village in the Bedugul area in Bali, where they will partake in recreational tubing. (asw)
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Incoming OJK boss visits minister before taking office
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police