Indonesia Airports app to assist travelers during Idul Fitri exodus
The Jakarta Post
With just a week until Idul Fitri, we can already start to imagine the chaotic scenes at bus terminals, train stations, ports and airports across Indonesia.
To make it easier for travelers to track down flight-related information, state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura (AP) II has launched an application called Indonesia Airports.
“We’re going digital, you can download the Indonesia Airports application on Android and iOS devices to find information regarding flight schedules, delays and others,” said PT Angkasa Pura II CEO Muhammad Awaluddin.
The app will also provide information on shops and cafes located in the airport, exchange rates, taxi bookings and bus schedules.
The Indonesia Airports app comprises of several features, including “What’s News,” which gives travelers insights on the latest news, events, promotions and new flights offered by the airport’s tenants.
The “Flight Info” feature displays flight schedules for all airlines, while the “Guide” provides information on airport facilities and important phone numbers, such as contact numbers for the immigration office, customs office and airlines.
In “Airpotainment,” users can access information on box office titles, cinema schedules and sholat (daily prayers) times. This feature also gives Ramadhan-related information, such as fasting schedules and nearby musholla (praying spaces).
The “Shop and Dine” feature highlights information on airport tenants, including fashion stores, coffee shops, restaurants, souvenir shops and beauty centers.
The “E-commerce” feature delivers information about flight bookings, exchange rates, multi finance, cargo information and flight insurance.
Finally, “Airport Care” allows users to provide input and complaints to the airport operator, which will be quickly addressed. (asw)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft