Foreign investors eyeing Lake Toba railroad development
The Jakarta Post
Chinese investors are reportedly eyeing a railroad development project connecting Medan with Lake Toba.
“They want to build the infrastructure and are ready to put up US$10 billion,” said Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan.
The railroad will connect Medan to Kualanamu and then Tebing Tinggi and Pematangsiantar. The line will end in the Lake Toba area.
Late last year, five potential investors from Russia visited North Sumatra to survey the railroad project.
With the availability of the railroad, travelers will only need to spend 3.5 hours to reach the famed tourist attraction, compared to traveling by private vehicle or public bus, which usually takes six hours. (kes)
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Dust off your shoulder pads -- 'Dynasty' is back
- No prediction when Mt. Agung will erupt: BNPB
- Mitra Keluarga Hospital punished for neglecting patient
- Jokowi to hand over Rp 7.1b to Mount Agung evacuees
- Private lenders partake in Greater Jakarta LRT project
- Jokowi to visit Mount Agung evacuees in Klungkung
- BPJS expected to suffer Rp 9t deficit this year: Official
- Report reveals 38 deaths linked to lack of healthcare services in Yahukimo
- Fight Kim Jong-un instead of Duterte? Trudeau did not say that