WhatsApp registration system now available in 26 immigration offices
The Jakarta Post
Those seeking to get or renew their passport at the Class I Bogor Immigration Office can now reserve queue number via messaging application WhatsApp.
Antara news agency reported that the immigration office has officially launched the new registration management system on Monday, allowing applicants to get queue numbers without having to come to the office.
To reserve a queue number, an applicant needs to send a WhatsApp message to Bogor Immigration Office’s cellular number 081-1110-0333 using the format: #Name#date of birth(date-month-year)#date of visit( date-month-year); for example: #BUDI#25011987#14072017. They will get a reply message containing booking number as well as time and date to come to the office.
Read also: Passport applicants get in line via WhatsApp
Those who have registered via WhatsApp will need to arrive at the office 30 minutes before the scheduled time and bring the required original documents. If the booking number is expired, the applicant will need to re-register.
Class I Bogor Immigration Office head Herman Lukman said the new system was launched simultaneously at 26 immigration offices that receive 150 passport applicants per day in Greater Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Central Java, adding that the service is not applicable for those whose passports are missing or damaged.
Prior to this, the WhatsApp registration system, which aimed to cut long queues and prevent middleman practices, has been launched in Central Jakarta Immigration Office last month. (jes/kes)
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte