WhatsApp registration system now available in 26 immigration offices
The Jakarta Post
Those seeking to get or renew their passport at the Class I Bogor Immigration Office can now reserve queue number via messaging application WhatsApp.
Antara news agency reported that the immigration office has officially launched the new registration management system on Monday, allowing applicants to get queue numbers without having to come to the office.
To reserve a queue number, an applicant needs to send a WhatsApp message to Bogor Immigration Office’s cellular number 081-1110-0333 using the format: #Name#date of birth(date-month-year)#date of visit( date-month-year); for example: #BUDI#25011987#14072017. They will get a reply message containing booking number as well as time and date to come to the office.
Read also: Passport applicants get in line via WhatsApp
Those who have registered via WhatsApp will need to arrive at the office 30 minutes before the scheduled time and bring the required original documents. If the booking number is expired, the applicant will need to re-register.
Class I Bogor Immigration Office head Herman Lukman said the new system was launched simultaneously at 26 immigration offices that receive 150 passport applicants per day in Greater Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Central Java, adding that the service is not applicable for those whose passports are missing or damaged.
Prior to this, the WhatsApp registration system, which aimed to cut long queues and prevent middleman practices, has been launched in Central Jakarta Immigration Office last month. (jes/kes)
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning