Indonesia participates in UNWTO Award-Tourism Video Competition
Indonesia's participation at the UNWTO (United Nation World Tourism Organization) Award-Tourism Video Competition is gaining a lot of support from home.
Following the support from Batam View Beach Resort's 200 staff members who voted for Indonesia in the competition, recently dangdut singer Fitri Carlina announced that she too has voted for Indonesia.
“The first time I saw [the video], I think it was really wonderful,” she said.
Fitri also encouraged her fans to vote for the video.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya expressed his appreciation for the public who help promote Wonderful Indonesia to the world.
“There are only four steps [to vote]. First, go to indonesia.travel/vote4id
The competition is held to commemorate the 22nd UNWTO General Assembly that will take place in Chengdu, China, this September.
The Wonderful Indonesia video showcases several popular Indonesian destinations, such as Yogyakarta, Bali, Raja Ampat, Sembalun in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), Gili Trawangan and Wakatobi, as well as cultural elements like batik and Balinese dance.
Apart from voting, the public can also contribute by sharing the video on their social media account using hashtag #UNWTOGAChina. (kes)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021