Indonesia participates in UNWTO Award-Tourism Video Competition
Indonesia's participation at the UNWTO (United Nation World Tourism Organization) Award-Tourism Video Competition is gaining a lot of support from home.
Following the support from Batam View Beach Resort's 200 staff members who voted for Indonesia in the competition, recently dangdut singer Fitri Carlina announced that she too has voted for Indonesia.
“The first time I saw [the video], I think it was really wonderful,” she said.
Fitri also encouraged her fans to vote for the video.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya expressed his appreciation for the public who help promote Wonderful Indonesia to the world.
“There are only four steps [to vote]. First, go to indonesia.travel/vote4id
The competition is held to commemorate the 22nd UNWTO General Assembly that will take place in Chengdu, China, this September.
The Wonderful Indonesia video showcases several popular Indonesian destinations, such as Yogyakarta, Bali, Raja Ampat, Sembalun in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), Gili Trawangan and Wakatobi, as well as cultural elements like batik and Balinese dance.
Apart from voting, the public can also contribute by sharing the video on their social media account using hashtag #UNWTOGAChina. (kes)
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf