Indonesia participates in UNWTO Award-Tourism Video Competition
Indonesia's participation at the UNWTO (United Nation World Tourism Organization) Award-Tourism Video Competition is gaining a lot of support from home.
Following the support from Batam View Beach Resort's 200 staff members who voted for Indonesia in the competition, recently dangdut singer Fitri Carlina announced that she too has voted for Indonesia.
“The first time I saw [the video], I think it was really wonderful,” she said.
Fitri also encouraged her fans to vote for the video.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya expressed his appreciation for the public who help promote Wonderful Indonesia to the world.
“There are only four steps [to vote]. First, go to indonesia.travel/vote4id
The competition is held to commemorate the 22nd UNWTO General Assembly that will take place in Chengdu, China, this September.
The Wonderful Indonesia video showcases several popular Indonesian destinations, such as Yogyakarta, Bali, Raja Ampat, Sembalun in West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), Gili Trawangan and Wakatobi, as well as cultural elements like batik and Balinese dance.
Apart from voting, the public can also contribute by sharing the video on their social media account using hashtag #UNWTOGAChina. (kes)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map