Voting period for UNWTO Award-Tourism Video Competition to end soon
As the voting period for UNWTO (United Nation World Tourism Organization) Award-Tourism Video Competition is coming to an end on September 11, tourism ministry is still encouraging people to vote for Wonderful Indonesia video at indonesia.travel/vote4id in order to gain more than 150,000 votes.
During the recent MATTA Fair, held from September 8 to 10, the biggest tourism expo in Malaysia, apart from promoting tourist destinations, Indonesian representatives were seen busy encouraging people to vote for Indonesia at the aforementioned award.
The event was attended by the ministry's deputy minister for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana, ASITA chairman Asnawi Bahar, seven tourism department heads and 91 travel agents/ tour operators from Indonesia and Malaysia.
Moreover, the MATTA Fair managed to attract 40,000 visitors every day.
“This is a very effective way of doing promotion. If we come out as the winner, Indonesian destinations will gain more international recognition,” said Asnawi.
“During the Sriwijaya Festival that was attended by thousands of visitors every day, we encouraged all of them to cast their vote. Both Indonesian Charms Generation (GenPI) South Sumatra chapter and South Sumatra Institute of Tourism have been supportive as well,” added South Sumatra tourism department head, Irene Camelyn Sinaga.
Tourism ministry Arief Yahya said that there are more than 100 million internet users in Indonesia, meaning if everyone vote online, the Wonderful Indonesia video will definitely secure the winner's spot.
“To those who have not yet voted, there’s still time. First go to indonesia.travel/vote4id, enter your name and email and choose Indonesia as your favorite video and click submit,” said Arief. (asw)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan