Wonderful Indonesia participates in Russia's Otdykh Leisure tourism exhibition
Wonderful Indonesia recently participated in Otdykh Leisure event that was held at Expocentre, Moscow, Russia from Sept. 19 - 21. The Otdykh Leisure tourism exhibition has been held for 23 times and the Wonderful Indonesia brand has taken part in 12 of them.
“This is a strategic step in attracting Russian tourists who are going to spend their winter holiday in Asia Pacific countries including Indonesia,” explained tourism ministry's deputy minister for Overseas Promotion, I Gde Pitana.
At the expo, the ministry presented 12 tourism practitioners consisting of four tour operators and eight hotels from Bali and Raja Ampat. The event itself catered for both Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Customer (B2C) approaches.
The Indonesian booth welcomed high-ranking employees and owners of tour operators, hotels and other tourism businesses from Russia and other areas. To attract visitors, the booth served Indonesian coffee and showcased a traditional dance performance.
Within the months of January until July this year, the number of Russian tourists visiting Indonesia was 66,074, about a 57.16 percent increase from the same period last year that only had 42,042 visitors. In a year, the increase was about 22,000 averaging around 1,800 tourists per month.
The ministry is targeting to welcome 108,000 tourists from Russia this year. (asw)
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods