Hong Kong named world's most-visited city once again
The Jakarta Post
When people think about Hong Kong, they probably think of high-class shopping and spectacular cityscapes that can be viewed from high-up gondolas. It's not surprising then that the city is the most-visited city on earth.
According to South China Morning Post, Euromonitor International’s latest Top 100 City Destinations Ranking has put Hong Kong at the top of the list for the eighth time in a row.
Although its position was nearly usurped by Bangkok, Hong Kong remained on top, but in the years to come, it still has to compete with the growing number of tourists in the Thai capital and London in the United Kingdom.
But even as Hong Kong’s relations with China worsen, which caused a slight decline in 2017, there is still tourist growth expected in the coming years for Hong Kong.
As reported by CNN, below are the top 10 most-visited cities (number in 2016/expected number in 2017):
1. Hong Kong: 26.55 million/25.7 million
2. Bangkok: 21.25 million/23.27 million
3. London: 19.19 million/19.8 million
4. Singapore: 16.6 million/17.6 million
5. Macau: 15.39 million/16.3 million
6. Dubai: 14.9 million/16.57 million
7. Paris: 14.39 million/14.26 million
8. New York City: 12.65 million/13.1 million
9. Shenzhen, China: 12.57 million/12.96 million
10. Kuala Lumpur: 12.29 million/12.8 million
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- BI to punish payment service providers using Bitcoin
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously