Siladen Island, a hidden paradise in Bunaken
Siladen Resort and Spa in Bunaken National Marine Park, North Sulawesi, was recently named the winner of this year's best dive center or resort following a recent poll conducted by the London-based publication Dive Magazine.
The resort earned 820 votes from the total of 3,117 votes.
Established in 2001, Siladen Sport and Spa was built on a secluded island of Siladen, a tropical island situated inside the Bunaken National Marine Park area.
The 31.25 hectare-island is eight miles from the center of Manado town and is on the eastern side of Bunaken Island.
The villas at the place are designed in Balinese style and come with outdoor bathrooms. Visitors can expect to enjoy sunsets all year long and witness the view of Bunaken Marine Park and Mount Manadotua.
If Bunaken Island is famous for its underwater beauty, Siladen Island is known for its white-sand beach surrounded by tropical plants such as palm, coconut and sago palm trees.
On this island, visitors can marvel at the underwater life using a katamaran boat. Other activities on offer at the destination include snorkeling, diving, underwater photography and sun tanning.
The resort has two diving spots located in Siladen and North Siladen, each has the depth of around 20 to 50 meters.
Additionally, the ocean waves on Siladen are relatively calm thus convenient for those seeking to swim. (kes)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival