Siladen Island, a hidden paradise in Bunaken
Siladen Resort and Spa in Bunaken National Marine Park, North Sulawesi, was recently named the winner of this year's best dive center or resort following a recent poll conducted by the London-based publication Dive Magazine.
The resort earned 820 votes from the total of 3,117 votes.
Established in 2001, Siladen Sport and Spa was built on a secluded island of Siladen, a tropical island situated inside the Bunaken National Marine Park area.
The 31.25 hectare-island is eight miles from the center of Manado town and is on the eastern side of Bunaken Island.
The villas at the place are designed in Balinese style and come with outdoor bathrooms. Visitors can expect to enjoy sunsets all year long and witness the view of Bunaken Marine Park and Mount Manadotua.
If Bunaken Island is famous for its underwater beauty, Siladen Island is known for its white-sand beach surrounded by tropical plants such as palm, coconut and sago palm trees.
On this island, visitors can marvel at the underwater life using a katamaran boat. Other activities on offer at the destination include snorkeling, diving, underwater photography and sun tanning.
The resort has two diving spots located in Siladen and North Siladen, each has the depth of around 20 to 50 meters.
Additionally, the ocean waves on Siladen are relatively calm thus convenient for those seeking to swim. (kes)
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Depok Police release sexual assault suspect from detention