AirAsia Indonesia launches Wi-Fi, inflight entertainment service
The Jakarta Post
AirAsia Indonesia officially launched its Wi-Fi and inflight entertainment service on Friday.
Said to be the first of its kind among low-cost carriers in Indonesia, the service, named ROKKI, a collaboration with internet service provider Indosat Ooredoo Business, will be available on select domestic and international flights code-named QZ.
"We are very proud to become the first low-cost carrier in Indonesia to launch such a service," said AirAsia Group CEO in Indonesia Dendy Kurniawan in a press release. "The ROKKI service can be accessed directly on devices of passengers, allowing them to stay connected anytime, anywhere."
To use the ROKKI service, passengers must activate the Wi-Fi feature on their mobile phone or tablet, then connect their device to WiFi AirAsia-ROKKI and access the website www.rokki.com to enjoy inflight entertainment, such as films and music, and view the shopping catalogue.
Two package options are available for the service, namely the 3MB Chat Package priced at Rp 30,000 (US$2.22) and the Internet Package, offering a capacity of 10MB at Rp 60,000.
The Wi-Fi service is currently available on AirAsia Indonesia's PK-AXV aircraft, which serve flights to domestic and international destinations, including Bali, Yogyakarta, Surabaya, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Bangkok in Thailand, Singapore and Macau.
The ROKKI service was first introduced in Malaysia in 2014 on flights code-named AK.
Passengers will be able to identify whether their flight is equipped with the service by stickers placed on their seats as well as an announcement from the cabin crew.
According to kompas.com, AirAsia Indonesia is targeting to offer the service on 10 airplanes by next year. (kes)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung