Indonesia to host MICE/Business Event ASEAN 2018
Next year is going to be a busy year for Indonesia. Other than hosting two big international events, namely Asian Games 2018 and the Annual Meetings of International Monetary Fund & World Bank Group, the country is also set to host the Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition (MICE)/Business Event ASEAN 2018 on April 9 -11 at ICE BSD, Tangerang.
Themed “Destin ASEAN plus: For meetings and events”, the exhibition will be joined by 200 sellers, 300 international buyers and 200 Indonesian buyers.
According to Tourism Ministry’s archipelago tourism marketing development deputy Esthy Reko Astuti, foreign tourists who come for MICE events have the average spending up to three to five times higher than regular tourists. They also usually come in groups and have the tendency to visit the place again in the future.
“Don’t forget, MICE [tourism] is one of the top five contributors for foreign tourists alongside shopping and culinary tourism, heritage and religious tourism, marine tourism and sports tourism,” said Esthy.
The event’s committee head Indra Sukirno said the total population of ASEAN countries can reach up to 600 million people. Added with the population of affiliated countries such as United States, China and India, the total number is amounted to 90 percent the total world population.
“The invited buyers are expected to bring in a minimum of US$625 million worthy of business transaction for the next three years,” said Indra.
Indra added that the participants of the event consist of hotels, cruise lines, theme and recreational parks, event organizers and destination management companies.
“Whilst buyers consist of executives, associations, corporations, event organizers and consultants. Both buyers and sellers will meet in Pre-Scheduled-Appointments sessions held every 20 minutes,” he added.
All the buyers have previously been selected by the committee, which only grants businesses that are still active and have plans until 2020.
Other activities that will be featured in the exhibition include Golf Friendly Game, Marathon Meeting, One-Day Conference, Investructure Business Forum and other educational and networking activities. (kes)
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Myanmar makes record drug bust with 30 million meth pills
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Health certificate to be compulsory for couples getting married
- Bali welcomes more South Korean tourists in 2017
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March