Leading yachting publication features Sail Sabang 2017, Weh Island
Leading yachting publication SEA Yachting Magazine published a story on the upcoming Sail Sabang 2017 and Weh Island in its latest issue.
The story aims to promote the event that will be held on Nov. 28 until Dec. 5 to the international audience.
“Sail Sabang is Indonesia’s national sailing festival that will be held on the tip of Sumatra Island. Indonesian government with its Wonderful Indonesia [tourism brand] and the city administration of Sabang will feature plenty of activities throughout the one-week event,” wrote the publication.
At least 28 activities are set to be held at the event, namely International Yacht Rally, Sabang Fun Bike, Sabang Underwater Photo Contest, City Tour Sabang, City Tour Banda Aceh, Free Diving Competition and others.
Open for free to the public, the event also invites participants to take part in scuba diving activity, traditional boat parade and Banda Aceh City Tsunami Tour. The committee will also provide 100 liters of fuel for each participating yacht.
Currently, there are already 100 yachts that have confirmed their attendance.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said Sabang in Aceh has the potential to become the world’s best destination for yachting since it’s only 220 miles away from Phuket in Thailand and 260 miles away from Langkawi.
“Phuket and Langkawi are world-class destinations for yachting. There are hundreds of yachts there that we can invite to come to Sabang as long as Sabang offers interesting attractions,” told Arief. (kes)
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung