Indonesia is second favorite destination among millennial Muslims
According to the result of Mastercard-Halal Trip Muslim Millennial Travel Report, Indonesia is the second favorite destination among millennial Muslims, with Malaysia crowned as the winner.
This shows that Indonesia’s status has improved from last year where it took the fourth spot.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya was grateful for the achievement and determined to topple Malaysia off the first place in the near future.
“Our emotional rival is Malaysia, while Thailand is our professional rival. We need to find ways to defeat our rivals and how to catch up with them,” Arief said.
The minister urged his team to make improvements, especially in human resources since Indonesians are still lacking in foreign language skill, “We are good at providing Muslim-friendly facilities. In fact, we took home 12 awards out of the 16 categories at the World Halal Tourism Award,” Arief said.
Below is the list of millennial Muslims’ favorite travel destinations according to Mastercard-Halal Trip Muslim Millennial Travel Report
7. United Arab Emirates
8. United Kingdom
9. United States
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family