STP Bali wins Tourism Business Ideas 2017
State-run Bali Institute of Tourism (STP Bali) was crowned as the winner of Tourism Business Ideas 2017 competition, beating over 72 participants from all across Indonesia.
STP Bali brought up the theme of Agrorange Kintamani to the competition.
“The total number of participants was 72 and the top 10 finalists were three groups from STP Bali, two groups from STP NHI Bandung, two groups from Akpar Medan, one group from Poltekpar Makassar, one group from Poltekpar Palembang and one group from Poltekpar Lombok,” explained the Tourism Ministry's tourism development deputy Ahman Sya.
The competition was initiated by six tourism colleges namely STP NHI Bandung, STP Bali, Akpar Medan, Makassar, Palembang and Lombok Tourism Polytechnics with School of Business and Management ITB. These schools have signed up a partnership deal that lasts from 2017 until 2019.
The main theme of the competition was Tourism Village, Service Business and Creative Products that Support Local Tourism.
“The final round was held at Golden Palace Hotel Mataram. The three winners were given cash prizes for development,” Ahman added. (asw)
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Jasriadi of ‘Saracen’ to undergo trial in Pekanbaru
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Bitcoin futures make muted stock exchange debut
- Fight rages on for House speakership