Jakarta Post

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • Wed

    26℃ - 32℃

  • Thu

    25℃ - 32℃

  • Fri

    25℃ - 31℃

  • Sat

    26℃ - 30℃

Bali governor issues statement for tourism industry players in Bali

  •  

    Pesona Indonesia

Jakarta | Wed, November 29, 2017 | 08:35 am
Bali governor issues statement for tourism industry players in Bali Aerial view of Bajra Sandhi Monument, also known as monument to Balinese people’s struggle in Denpasar. (Shutterstock/File)

Amid the Mount Agung eruption, Bali Governor Made Mangku Pastika has issued a letter for tourism industry players in Bali.

In the letter, the administration laid out three things, first he asked for the industry players to provide the latest information about the development of the situation and status of Ngurah Rai International Airport. The information should come from the authority.

Next he asked for hotels and other lodgings to give a one-night free stay during the airport closure.

The airport is currently still closed. The closure has caused the cancellation of 443 flights and affecting 59,539 passengers.

The last point he made was for hotels and lodgings to also offer the lowest rates for tourists who want to extend their stay.

“In an effort to keep the tourism image of Bali, which is our duties and obligations, we need the cooperation from all parties to assure tourists that they feel comfortable while they’re in Bali,” Pastika said in the letter.

He also wished that the industry players, including associations and communities in Bali, will follow up with his requests.

A similar statement has been previously released by Tourism Minister Arief Yahya.

Moreover, Indonesian Tourism Industry Association (GIPI) Bali together with Badung Regional Administration has been proactive in serving the tourists by providing free accommodation until the airport reopens.

“We want to give the best service for foreign tourists who have come to Bali. This is for the future of Bali and we are keeping its image as the world’s best destination,” told GIPI Bali head Gus Agung.

Neighboring provinces such as West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) also lends their hand by welcoming stranded tourists from Bali.

“We’ve conducted a meeting on Nov. 27. Hotels in Lombok are ready with the minister’s request of providing a one-night free stay for those whose flights got cancelled, and a 50 percent discount for the next day,” told NTB Tourism Agency head Lalu Faozal.

Lombok also provides free transportation from hotels, airports and ports. Moreover, Lombok Tourism Agency also takes tourists to explore several attractions in Lombok while they are waiting for their flights.

Latest updates on Bali and Mount Agung can be found on the Tourism Ministry’s website indonesia.travel. (kes)



NEWS PULSE

Join the discussions