Majalengka to host festival of durian
Durian lovers take note, Majalengka regency in West Java is set to host Sinapeul Durian Festival 2017 on Dec. 9-10 at Lengkongkulon Village Regional Fish Market, Sindangwangi district.
Sinapeul durian will be the main star of the festival, but there are other interesting activities that will entertain visitors such as exhibition, performances, games and bazaar.
“There’s also going to be helaran, a Sundanese word that means parade,” told Tourism Ministry’s archipelago tourism marketing development deputy, Esthy Reko Astuti.
“This festival will be filled with durian-based products, handicrafts, games, local durian, cultural performances and promotion for Sindangwangi tourism,” added the ministry's head of cultural promotion Wawan Gunawan.
Sindangwangi district has 16 hectares of durian plantation located at Ujungberung village, which is where Sinapeul durian comes from. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas