Thousands flock to Pentingsari Tourist Village in Sleman
During the recent long weekend on Dec. 1 -3, Pentingsari Tourist Village in Sleman regency welcomed thousands of guests. Some of them were on a field trip and some others were staying for a few days.
One of the groups who went to Pentingsari was Panglipuran Tourist Village group who were there to conduct a comparative study on tourist village management.
Another group was from Al Azhar 3 Jakarta high school who stayed in Yogyakarta from Nov. 29 until Dec. 2.
This group of 199 students, teachers and school staffs came to the village for a school assignment and stayed overnight in homestays.
“Our group is conducting a survey on mushroom chips as a school assignment, other groups have different assignments. It’s exciting to be able to experience the friendliness of the locals here,” said M. Aksan, an Al Azhar student.
World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has named Pentingsari Tourist Village one of the pilot projects for Community-based Tourism and Sustainable Tourism Development program. The village also won the Indonesian Sustainable Tourism Award 2017 for the green bronze category. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas