Thousands enjoy iconic local dish at Sail Sabang 2017
Sail Sabang 2017’s Kuah Beulangong Festival managed to make thousands of visitors fell in love with kuah beulangong traditional dish.
A total of 18 groups presented their own version of the dish at the festival.
“Each group cooked one beulangong [cauldron]; around 10,000 visitors came to taste the dish,” told the event’s organizer Wan Windi Lestari.
Kuah beulangong is a traditional dish from Aceh that uses beef, lamb or buffalo meat as the main ingredient. The meat is then mixed with jackfruit and seasoned with coconuts, chili, garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, candlenut, galangal and other spices to create a curry-like dish.
This dish is usually served during kenduri (a ritual of blessing or remembrance). (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas