New Zealand named Asia Pacific’s top golf destination
The Jakarta Post
New Zealand was named top golf destination in the Asia Pacific region by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) for the second time.
Held for the first time in 2000, the annual award is said to be given to the country that has delivered a great experience for golf travelers. The winner was voted by golf tour operators across the globe.
Tourism chief executive Stephen England-Hall said, “This is a great result and fantastic recognition of the work the industry and Tourism New Zealand have done to showcase the country’s world class golf offering.”
According to Tourism New Zealand’s website, the country has close to 400 golf courses, making it the second country with most golf courses per capita in the world after Scotland.
As Asia Pacific’s top golf destination, New Zealand offers various golf courses, varying from world class championships to small country courses. (kes)
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus