Borobudur Park to ring in 2018 with lantern-releasing event
The Jakarta Post
The director of Borobudur Park in Central Java, Edy Setijono, said on Friday that the park would be releasing thousands of lanterns on New Year’s Eve as part of the 2017 Borobudur Cultural Feast and Borobudur Nite events.
The activity is a result of the collaboration between state-owned companies and artists and musicians within the Borobudur temple area.
“Locals will bring the best quality food and products to the event,” Edy told Antara news agency, noting that the event would also feature booths selling local products.
The Borobudur Cultural Feast will also feature musicians such as Andien, Kevin and The Red Rose, the Java Ensemble and Orchestra and Gaharu Nusantara. At midnight, the lanterns will be released to ring in the new year.
“There will be 2,500 lanterns that will be released,” said Ayu Dyah Pasha, director of Cathaya event organizer. The lanterns, she added, were imported from Thailand and the release would be carried out by 200 volunteers. (asw)
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design