Angkasa Pura I serves over 6 million passengers during year-end holidays
The Jakarta Post
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura I (AP I) served more than 6 million passengers over the year-end holidays across 13 airports, stating that it had achieved growth of 6.37 percent from the same period last year.
The increase in passengers is followed by the growth of aircraft movement during the aforementioned holidays. The operator recorded more than 47,000 aircraft movements for both domestic and international flights across 13 airports under AP I.
“The airport with the highest domestic and international passenger movements is Juanda International Airport in Surabaya, East Java, which catered to 1.4 million passengers,” said AP I director Faik Fahmi in a press release.
Faik added that Frans Kaisiepo International Airport in Biak regency, Papua, recorded the biggest increase in passenger numbers. (wir/kes)
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall