Top-secret US government airline looking to hire flight attendant
The Jakarta Post
How would you feel about an airline that the United States government doesn't admit exists? If you’re based in Las Vegas and are eligible to get top-secret clearance with the US government, here’s a job opportunity you might want to look into.
The classified airline is called Jane, and it operates commuter flights to guarded government facilities in the US.
The vacancy was recently listed on the website for AECOM, which is no longer available, that operates a small fleet of aircraft from a discreet terminal at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.
There isn’t much public knowledge on Janet. In fact, the US government does not admit that it exists. Some speculate that
“Janet” is an abbreviation for Just Another Non-Existent Terminal.
In addition to operating a fleet of Boing 737-600s, the airline also likely operates a smaller fleet of commuter-sized turboprops, according to USA Today.
It is unknown where exactly these aircraft fly to. On occasion, they have been seen flying workers to and from an airstrip inside Area 51, as well as to military bases and confidential locations throughout western US.
The prerequisites for the job are outlined clearly in the posting. For one, applicants “must be level-headed and clear thinking while handling unusual incidents and situations (severe weather conditions, including turbulence, delays due to weather or mechanicals, hijackings or bomb threats)”. Active top-secret clearance is also highly desired. (afr/kes)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall