East Java transport museum adds new US 'muscle' to car collection
The Jakarta Post
Antique cars from the US have arrived at the Museum Angkut (Transportation Museum) in Kota Batu, East Java, to add a little "muscle" to the museum's collection.
One of the cars in the new exhibit is a red 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, the vehicle driven by Vin Diesel's character, Dominic Toretto, in The Fast and the Furious and Fast & Furious films.
According to kompas.com, Chevrolet only produced six units of the Chevelle SS, and now one of these rare automobiles can be found in the East Java museum.
The museum's new exhibit features 11 muscle cars that were transported directly from the United States. “But only seven of them are on exhibit at the moment,” said Titik S. Ariyanto, marketing and public relations manager of East Java Park Group, which manages the museum.
With its new additions, the Transportation Museum's collection now consists of 450 vintage to modern cars, including a 1966 Ford Mustang, a 1952 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe and a 1968 Chevrolet Impala. (wir/kes)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights