Gimme Five: Teacher creates unique greetings for students
A North Carolina fifth-grade teacher who designed unique and lively greetings for each of his students has become an internet sensation.
Video aired by WCNC-TV in Charlotte shows Barry White Jr. spinning in place, knocking elbows, bumping sides and slapping the hands of smiling, dancing students as they enter his classroom.
The television station says Ashley Park PreK-8 School encourages teachers to find creative ways to engage with students. White said the idea came to him when he saw Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James sharing creative handshakes with his inner circle. The teacher, a Cavaliers fan, decided it would be fun to try that at school.
White says performing the greeting several times helps with muscle memory. He now uses the handshakes to greet fellow educators and volunteers.
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Jember airport development kicks off
- British couple's message in a bottle reaches Gaza