Gimme Five: Teacher creates unique greetings for students
A North Carolina fifth-grade teacher who designed unique and lively greetings for each of his students has become an internet sensation.
Video aired by WCNC-TV in Charlotte shows Barry White Jr. spinning in place, knocking elbows, bumping sides and slapping the hands of smiling, dancing students as they enter his classroom.
The television station says Ashley Park PreK-8 School encourages teachers to find creative ways to engage with students. White said the idea came to him when he saw Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James sharing creative handshakes with his inner circle. The teacher, a Cavaliers fan, decided it would be fun to try that at school.
White says performing the greeting several times helps with muscle memory. He now uses the handshakes to greet fellow educators and volunteers.
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- ‘Black Panther’ succeeds in bringing Wakanda to world