Indonesian students shine at RoboCup 2018 competition in Montreal
The Jakarta Post
Two Indonesian student teams, Robot Soccer Ichiro from Surabaya’s 10 November Institute of Technology (ITS) and Barelang FC from Batam Polytechnic, have won several medals at RoboCup 2018, an annual international robotics competition that took place in Montreal, Canada, from June 18 to 22 this year.
According to kompas.com, Ichiro won a total of four TeenSize events, winning first in RoboCup Soccer, second in both the Technical Challenge and Drop In Games and third in Best Humanoid Robosoccer.
In the RoboCup Soccer TeenSize event, the team, which comprised Muhammad Reza Ar Razi, Sulaiman Ali, Tommy Pratama and Dhany Satrio Wicaksono, beat Iranian's side 3-0.
Meanwhile, Barelang FC finished in third place in the Humanoid League KidSize soccer category.
The Youth and Sports Ministry praised the achievements, with the ministry’s deputy for youth development, Asrorun Niam Sholeh, handing out certificates and a cash reward to Ichiro following their arrival at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, on Tuesday.
He said the tokens of appreciation could nurture the team’s spirit and inspire them to further their achievements moving forward. (jes/kes)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police