Indonesian students win gold medals at math competition in Bulgaria
The Jakarta Post
Elementary school students have taken home a total of 10 medals from the Bulgaria International Mathematics Competition (BIMC) held from July 1 to 5 in Burgas.
--PRESS RELEASE-- Bulgaria International Mathematics Competition (BIMC) Tahun 2018. . . Siswa sekolah dasar kembali harumkan nama Indonesia di kancah Internasional Baca selengkapnya di http://ditpsd.kemdikbud.go.id/index.php/2018/07/09/sekolah-dasar-kembali-harumkan-nama-indonesia-di-kancah-internasional/ #BIMC2018 #cerdasberkarakter
Tempo.co reported that the students had won both individual and team competitions.
For the team competitions, Indonesian delegates took home one gold, two silver and two bronze medals.
Meanwhile, in individual competitions, Felicia Grace Angelyn Ferdianto from Cahaya Nur elementary school in Kudus, Central Java, won a gold medal, and Yedija Nicholas Kurniawidi from Karangturi elementary school in Semarang, Central Java, received a silver medal.
In addition to Felicia and Yedijo, Ahmad Fikri Azhari from Muhammadiyah Plus elementary school, Batam; Mafazi Ikhwan Dhandi Hibatullah from Al Furqon elementary school in Jember, East Java; Matthew Allan from Kristen 10 Penabur elementary school, Jakarta; and Ryan Suwandi, a student from Tzu Chi elementary school, Jakarta, also won the team competitions and returned home with a total of four bronze medals.
The team’s coach director for elementary schools, Khamim, said the youngsters were the winners of the 2017 Indonesian National Science Olympiad.
Prior to competing in BIMC 2018, the students attended debriefing sessions in May and July.
“This achievement proved that we can compete in a global setting,” said Khamim.
Meanwhile, the team's chaperone, Ibnu Hadi, said Indonesian students could compete globally with students from developed countries, adding that it was a challenge for the teachers to discover their hidden talents. (jes/kes)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world