The Jakarta Post
Traditional Education - Education 1.0: Each year, millions of students seek higher education. Most universities still teach the same way they have taught for hundreds of years, with the lecturer standing in front of students and giving them the same topics he has given other students.
Distance Education - Education 2.0: Less than 20 years ago, the concept of Education 2.0 began being used in colleges. Students would get their study materials and take their exams at the end of the year. There are some places online where they may ask questions about their study materials, but they wouldn't be able to see with who they are in contact.
Virtual Education - Education 3.0: Today ABMS and a few other universities in some countries have started the next step in education, Education 3.0. ABMS director Habib Al Souleiman talks about these new methods after three years of implementing them.
ABMS Open University of Switzerland®
ABMS is a registered trade mark by the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property. ABMS was happy to introduce its new and unique method of teaching to state universities in many countries.
Through ABMS, students from Jakarta or anywhere can finally have top professors from Switzerland, the US or the UK without even moving from their home country. ABMS still recommends students who are able to move to Europe to go there so that they can enjoy cultural exchange experiences. However, if someone has a family, business or work and is unable to move but they still wish to have a high-quality education, then only virtual education can give them this possibility.
Today ABMS is quite possibly the biggest English-speaking school in Switzerland, with over 1,200 active students registered this year. There are no other schools in Switzerland with such a high number of English-speaking students.
Education 3.0 – Virtual Education
ABMS method allows students to see their professor, speak with the professor and ask live questions. As a result, the lecturer is always in weekly contact with students, and all students at ABMS get to know each other and their professors.
Like with any other new idea, people are bound to have questions. Some people are not happy and the others are. The main question asked is: “How can a student be sure that the program is high level?” The answer is as follows:
Today ABMS has professors from 18 countries teaching there. Some 80 percent of ABMS's academic team has doctoral degrees. The other 20 percent have at least a Master's degree.
ABMS is categorized as a “Premier Accredited University” by Accreditation Service for International Colleges & Universities ASIC UK, an accreditation body that is recognized by the British Government (Home Office/UKVI), a member of the UK National Academic Recognition Information Center (UK NARIC) Quality Standards Group, an affiliated accreditation body by The European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA Europe) and a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) International Quality Group.
ABMS study programs in business administration up to a doctorate level are accredited by the European Council for Business Education (ECBE). The ECBE is a registered affiliate of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) and Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) International Quality Group (IQG).
ABMS is double ISO certified, ISO 29990:2010 (learning services for non-formal education and training) and ISO 9001:2008 (quality management).
It is an approved member of the following organizations:
For comprehensive information about ABMS, visit abmswiss.com
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x
Renew your subscription to get unlimited access