Inquirer.net/Asia News Network
YouTube star PewDiePie (real name: Felix Kjellberg) revealed he will be taking a break from the video streaming platform next year.
Kjellberg broke the news to his millions of subscribers after criticizing the video platform’s updated harassment policy, as seen in vlog post on his YouTube channel last Saturday, Dec. 14.
“I have [a] special announcement to make. I am taking [a] break from YouTube,” Kjellberg said. “Next year. I wanted to say it in advance because I made up my mind.”
He then emphasized how he was “feeling very tired.” Kjellberg did not specify how long he would be away from the video platform but said he would be gone “for a little while.”
“I’ll explain that later but I wanted to give [a] heads up,” he stated.
Many of his fans were surprised with the announcement, but were ultimately supportive of the YouTube star’s decision to take a break.
One Christoper Cudney stated that Kjellberg deserved to go away for a while, citing how he had been creating videos for 10 years and even shared his holidays and his own wedding with his subscribers.
Kjellberg married his longtime girlfriend and former vlogger Marzia Bisgnonin (famously known as only Marzia) in August in London.
“I will miss your content like crazy!” a certain @hayleythekid said. “It’s such a part of my [day-to-day], it will be strange to not have it there!”
She then echoed how Kjellberg received the break, especially after getting married, reaching 100 million subscribers and releasing new games.
“It’s been big,” the netizen said. “Time to celebrate and enjoy some time off.”
Meanwhile, a certain Yellow Arnold speculated that Kjellberg may be staying away from YouTube to have a child with Bisgnonin.
Kjellberg’s announcement comes weeks after his and Bisgnonin’s house in London was flooded, and their newly-bought home in Japan was robbed.
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x