TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Dozens of beggars rounded up in raid

DENPASAR: The Bali Public Order Agency has rounded up 38 beggars during a raid earlier in the week, most of them mothers and young infants

(The Jakarta Post)
Fri, February 19, 2010 Published on Feb. 19, 2010 Published on 2010-02-19T14:37:33+07:00

Change text size

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

D

ENPASAR: The Bali Public Order Agency has rounded up 38 beggars during a raid earlier in the week, most of them mothers and young infants.

One of them, Ni Ketut Muliani, said she was only trying to make ends meet. "I have to earn money to feed my three children."

The beggars were detained in a single cell at the agency's office.

The agency's I Nyoman Ambara said at least 100 beggars were rounded up each month.

Your Opinion Matters

Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.

Enter at least 30 characters
0 / 30

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

Share options

Quickly share this news with your network—keep everyone informed with just a single click!

Change text size options

Customize your reading experience by adjusting the text size to small, medium, or large—find what’s most comfortable for you.

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

Continue in the app

Get the best experience—faster access, exclusive features, and a seamless way to stay updated.