The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration said it had learned its lesson and in the future would avoid operating Transjakarta buses through areas gripped by unrest caused by brawls, rallies and the like following the hijacking of three buses on Monday night.
Transjakarta Management Authority (BLU) chief Muhammad Akbar said on Tuesday that in the future the management would re-direct buses whenever there were security concerns in areas along their routes.
“This policy will include all buses on Transjakarta’s 11 corridors and the feeder buses,” Akbar said.
On Monday, a group of people hijacked three Transjakarta feeder buses on Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan in Central Jakarta at around 8 p.m. The people were believed to be associated with students rallying near the State Palace in the same area.
Earlier in the day, hundreds of students protested near the palace against the g...