The Jakarta Post
Several toddlers were admitted to a number of hospitals on Thursday with food poisoning after eating food at an integrated health post (Posyandu) in Gilingan subdistrict, Banjarsari, Surakarta, Central Java.
The toddlers and their parents were reportedly participating in an activity at the health post in which they received free food consisting of rice, fried tempeh, chicken soup and pudding.
“They began to report that their children were vomiting after eating the food at 3 p.m. Some of the parents also said they felt dizzy and nauseous,” said Posyandu head Sri Purnamaningrum.
She said 15 out of 30 toddlers and adults had suffered food poisoning and were undergoing in-patient treatment at the hospitals.
Gilingan subdistrict head Joko Partono said all medical expenses of the toddlers and their parents would be covered by the Indonesia Health Card (KIS). Meanwhile, one of the Posyandu officers, Didik Subagyo, said he had taken food samples to a medical laboratory at the Central Java Health Agency for examination. (vla/ebf)