TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Law and Human rights minister, Tangerang mayor agree to bury the hatchet

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

PREMIUM
Tangerang   /   Fri, July 19, 2019   /  08:18 pm
The Jakarta Post Image
Banten Governor Wahidin Halim (left), Home Ministry secretary-general Hadi Prabowo (center) and Law and Human Rights Ministry secretary-general Bambang Rantam Sariwanto sit before a press conference at the Home Ministry office in Jakarta on July 18. The Home Ministry set up a mediation meeting between the Law and Human Rights Ministry and the Tangerang administration to settle a building-use dispute.(Antara/M. Risyal Hidayat)

A dispute between Tangerang Mayor Arief Wismansyah and Law and Human Rights Minister Yasonna Laoly over building management in the satellite city has come to an end after the two parties agreed to withdraw their legal reports following a mediation session initiated by the Home Ministry. Law and Human Rights Ministry representatives visited the Tangerang Police station to withdraw its report against the Tangerang administration after the latter did the same on Thursday following a mediation meeting set up by the Home Ministry on the same day. “I said earlier that this issue should be ended immediately. We don’t want this to lead to unnecessary polemic,” ministry spokesman Bambang Wiyono told reporters at the police station on Friday. Friday also saw Tangerang workers begin to collect waste from ministry-owned properties, such as an immigration office and several...