The Jakarta Post
All COVID-19 patients from the Army’s Officer Candidate School (Secapa) cluster in Bandung, West Java, have recovered, the Army announced on Saturday.
Army spokesperson Brig. Gen. Nefra Firdaus said all 1,308 COVID-19 patients no longer had the diseases as of Saturday when the swab test results of the last four patients in the cluster were released.
“As of today, everyone has recovered; there are no patients left,” Nefra said as quoted by tempo.co.
The first confirmed COVID-19 cases at the school were detected in July after two cadets sought medical attention for symptoms that were seemingly unrelated to the disease.
"One of them complained about boils, if I’m not mistaken, some sort of infection. Whereas the other officer [complained] about back problems,” Army Chief of Staff Gen. Andika Perkasa said last month.
However, their swab test results came back positive for COVID-19, triggering widespread testing at the school and leading to the discovery of hundreds of more cases.
The cluster resulted in Indonesia’s highest one-day spike in confirmed COVID-19 cases so far, with 2,657 cases. (dpk)