The Jakarta Post
A worker sprays disinfectant at The Nusa Dua in Bali. (Courtesy of/ITDC/Tribun Bali)
State-owned enterprise Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) is implementing safety measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19 at tourist destination The Nusa Dua in Bali.
I Gusti Ngurah Ardita, managing director of The Nusa Dua, told Antara news agency that a letter had been sent to tenants, urging them to provide hand sanitizers and regularly spray disinfectant in public areas, including toilets, pray rooms, ATM booths and shuttle buses.
“This is in accordance with a circular letter from Bali’s provincial administration on improving hygiene and sanitation to combat the virus,” he said.
Tenants at The Nusa Dua are also required to check the temperature of all staff and visitors and to routinely clean their sites. A crisis center has been set up for guests, with services that include delivery to the nearest hospital and routine check-ups with health agencies.
Ardita added that The Nusa Dua’s employees have been working from home from March 16, except for security and cleaning staff, who have been equipped with protective gear and follow physical distancing measures while on duty.
As of March 26, the occupancy rate at The Nusa Dua had dropped 30.45 percent since February. “We hope the pandemic will end soon and tourism in Bali can improve,” said Ardita.
On Tuesday, Bali declared a state of emergency by imposing stricter measures on visitors in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19 as cases continue to climb with local transmission detected.
With the status, the resort island will tighten checks at entrance gates and enforce a 14-day self-quarantine for all people entering the island. (wng)
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x