Seeking Indonesian figure for ASEAN rights body
PREMIUM The process of selecting Indonesia’s representative to the regional human rights body is ongoing. Unfortunately, many will roll their eyes at the mere mention of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR). The commission has, often rightly, been criticized for being ineffective and unable to stand up to governments. But the AICHR has actually had more impact than it has b...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’