Seeking Indonesian figure for ASEAN rights body
PREMIUM The process of selecting Indonesia’s representative to the regional human rights body is ongoing. Unfortunately, many will roll their eyes at the mere mention of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR). The commission has, often rightly, been criticized for being ineffective and unable to stand up to governments. But the AICHR has actually had more impact than it has b...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape