Kalpataru Award Winner: Lidjie Taq, Guarding the source of life
Anissa S. Febrina
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM JP/Anissa S. Febrina To live close to nature is probably something many in the city dream of. But rarely do we realize the great responsibility that comes with that privilege, one that Lidjie Taq, chief of the Wehea tribe, takes very seriously. "For us, the forest is a source of life," says the leader of the 2,500 residents of Nehes Liah Bing, a village in East Kalimantan'...
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Sleepy driver crashes sports car into Transjakarta lane separator