Chemical substances cause of Swallow fire: Police
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Kalideres Police have suspected chemical substances as the cause of a huge fire that razed Swallow sandal factory and claimed four lives on March 11.
The Kalideres chief detective Second Insp. Herru Y.S. said that the suspicion was based on testimonies from employees and the owner of PT Sinar Jaya Perkasa, sandal producer, in Tegal Alur of West Jakarta.
Quoting the testimonies,
Herru told kompas.com that the witnesses had seen chemical material had suddenly caused the fire to spread to other parts of the building.
He added that a forensic laboratory from the National Police had reconstructed the incident but had not found the cause, the result pending samples of burned chemical substance. — JP
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally