41m hectares of forests still available for business use
Rangga D. Fadillah
The Jakarta Post
The two-year moratorium on forest and peatland conversions will not affect the development of new plantation areas because investors will still be permitted to open up new plantation areas, albeit in a special forest area, a forestry official said.
The Forestry Ministry secretary-general, Hadi Daryanto, said Tuesday that the government had allocated up to 41 million hectares as so-called sp...
- BTS’ ‘DNA’ enters Billboard’s 100 Best Songs of 2017
- Indonesian court rejects petition to outlaw premarital, gay sex
- Bali still safe for tourists: Governor
- Court ruling on extramarital, gay sex draws mixed reactions from netizens
- Indonesia under threat of deviant sexual practices: IPB professor
- Quebec probes ban on women at construction sites near mosques
- Indonesia's asbestos 'time bomb'
- City council building façade bulges out causing closure of footpath
- Pertamina to upgrade 3 refineries for processing sour crude oil
- Contemporary Minang dance praised in Vienna