Raja Ampat, Hasanuddin University sign MoU
The Jakarta Post
The Raja Ampat administration and Makassar-based Hasanuddin University have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to spur development in the West Papua regency.
“Raja Ampat is a new regency. We will have to prioritize the development of infrastructure to facilitate development in education, health and economy. That’s why we will cooperate with Hasanuddin University,” Regent Maskur Wanma said at the MoU’s signing ceremony in Makassar on Friday.
Maskur also proposed that the university grant scholarship to the regency’s students. Raja Ampat, which separated from Sorong seven years ago, holds untapped fisheries and marine tourism resources and nickel, coal, oil and uranium reserves.
Hasanuddin University rector Idrus Paturusi offered Raja Ampat dormitory-based pedagogical education as the university offers to the Papua provincial administration. On fisheries, the university said it would implement an environmentally friendly fish catch system in Raja Ampat. “This system spares the marine environment from damage,” he said. — JP
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- Seeking true happiness through meditation
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Guilty or not, Jessica to face verdict
- Mt. Rinjani still closed to trekkers
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges ignored testimonies from defense witnesses: Lawyer
- It’s getting easier to do business in Indonesia: Report