Raja Ampat, Hasanuddin University sign MoU
The Jakarta Post
The Raja Ampat administration and Makassar-based Hasanuddin University have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to spur development in the West Papua regency.
“Raja Ampat is a new regency. We will have to prioritize the development of infrastructure to facilitate development in education, health and economy. That’s why we will cooperate with Hasanuddin University,” Regent Maskur Wanma said at the MoU’s signing ceremony in Makassar on Friday.
Maskur also proposed that the university grant scholarship to the regency’s students. Raja Ampat, which separated from Sorong seven years ago, holds untapped fisheries and marine tourism resources and nickel, coal, oil and uranium reserves.
Hasanuddin University rector Idrus Paturusi offered Raja Ampat dormitory-based pedagogical education as the university offers to the Papua provincial administration. On fisheries, the university said it would implement an environmentally friendly fish catch system in Raja Ampat. “This system spares the marine environment from damage,” he said. — JP
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers