JICT wins Asian container port award
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Indonesia’s largest shipping terminal, the Jakarta International Container Terminal (JICT), received an Asian Freight and Supply Chain Award (AFSCA) as the best container terminal with less than four million twenty-foot equivalent units handling capacity.
JICT president director Helman Sembiring, who represented the company at the award ceremony in Singapore on Wednesday, said the award reflected JICT’s commitment to providing world-class port facilities.
“We are proud to become the first Indonesian port operator to be acknowledged in Asia for best service quality and technology innovation in facilitating the port infrastructure development in Indonesia,” he said in a statement Friday.
JICT is a joint venture between Hong Kong-based leading port operator Hutchinson Port Holdings, state-owned port operator PT Pelindo II and the Maritime Employees’ Cooperative. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy