Thousands of firms seek exemptions from minimum wage
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
As workers held mass protests and strikes last week, thousands of labor-intensive companies are seeking government approval to postpone raising workers’ monthly wages to the new rate in the new year.
Companies can petition to delay the raise in wages as long as they can show that they have faced financial difficulties in the past two years, and proof is available for auditing by a public...
- Jember airport development kicks off
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Airport train to start operating in November
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Government to construct loop lines to eliminate railway crossings
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Bakrie Sumatera to focus on debt restructuring plan