Thousands of firms seek exemptions from minimum wage
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
As workers held mass protests and strikes last week, thousands of labor-intensive companies are seeking government approval to postpone raising workers’ monthly wages to the new rate in the new year.
Companies can petition to delay the raise in wages as long as they can show that they have faced financial difficulties in the past two years, and proof is available for auditing by a public...
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use
- Saudis revamp school curriculum to combat Muslim Brotherhood
- US Fed to hike interest rates for first time in 2018