Thousands of firms seek exemptions from minimum wage
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
As workers held mass protests and strikes last week, thousands of labor-intensive companies are seeking government approval to postpone raising workers’ monthly wages to the new rate in the new year.
Companies can petition to delay the raise in wages as long as they can show that they have faced financial difficulties in the past two years, and proof is available for auditing by a public...
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters