First family tax returns raises flags
Rendi A. Witular and Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
An old phrase says nothing in life is certain but death and taxes. At a time when the nexus of power and wealth is viewed with skepticism, a peek into their tax returns might be expected to reveal the financial affairs of Indonesia’s first family.
Just like any other eligible, law-abiding citizens, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and his two sons — Maj. Agus Harimurti and Edhie “Ib...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business