First family tax returns raises flags
Rendi A. Witular and Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
An old phrase says nothing in life is certain but death and taxes. At a time when the nexus of power and wealth is viewed with skepticism, a peek into their tax returns might be expected to reveal the financial affairs of Indonesia’s first family.
Just like any other eligible, law-abiding citizens, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and his two sons — Maj. Agus Harimurti and Edhie “Ib...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one