Aceh draft bylaw risks forests, say activists
The Jakarta Post
Environmental activists have called on the government to review the draft spatial planning bylaw proposed by the Aceh administration, which they say is putting the province’s protected forests at risk.
Farwiza of the Koalisi Peduli Hutan Aceh (Coalition of Aceh Rainforest Movement) said that the new spatial planning bylaw, known as RTRW, would allow the conversion of around 1.2 million h...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Tech startup Koltiva expands assistance to coffee, oil palm farmers
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth