Aceh draft bylaw risks forests, say activists
The Jakarta Post
Environmental activists have called on the government to review the draft spatial planning bylaw proposed by the Aceh administration, which they say is putting the province’s protected forests at risk.
Farwiza of the Koalisi Peduli Hutan Aceh (Coalition of Aceh Rainforest Movement) said that the new spatial planning bylaw, known as RTRW, would allow the conversion of around 1.2 million h...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Papuan football legend killed in house fire